Search the forum,

Discuss tiling onto ditra mat in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tileunique

hi all, im laying ditra mat on a floor ready to tile onto, any advice on the tiling side of it, havnt tiled onto ditra mat before, is it going to be a ball ache doing the cut tiles round the edges, im imagining the little squares getting clogged with ady, am i worrying for no reason?

S

Stewart

Make sure you fill all the holes in the Ditra with adhesive with the straight edge of the trowel, then use a round notched trowel to achieve a solid bed and back skim the tile like in the pic.........
56b64873-7352-0848.jpg

Created on iPad.....

T

tileunique

im sure your right, cheers for the show of support, lets hope its justified, whats imo?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Tileunique, just done one with 15m2 last week and start a new kitchen floor 25m2 on Monday both with Ditra. Just make sure all the squares are filled with adhesive first and treat as a normal substrate with notched trowel.

Nothing to worry about

I

Ian

Stewarts pictures and advice are all you need to know, Fill the cups, ensure you have a solid bed of adhesive and backskim your tiles. This is a foolproof method for a floor that will last 20 years plus :thumbsup:

P

plan-it-earth

I worked for Schluter many years ago. The Ditra is the original and best available, there are others available, but in my opinion, the Ditra is the best. Fill in the holes and comb adhesive over the top, fix your tiles using the solid bed method. We tried Dural in our shop, sadly, due to very poor advice from Dural and lack of support, we went back to Schluter.

T

TT Tiling

Make sure you fill all the holes in the Ditra with adhesive with the straight edge of the trowel, then use a round notched trowel to achieve a solid bed and back skim the tile like in the pic.........
56b64873-7352-0848.jpg

Created on iPad.....
thats prob the best way of laying ,good pics ,nice work

L

Lodger

The idea of Ditra mat is for lateral movement. I only use it for substrates other than wooden. As mentioned, fill the holes with flat side of trowel and then use the comb side as normal for the bead. floor tiles should always be skimmed to get a better fix.

Q

Qwerty

The idea of Ditra mat is for lateral movement. I only use it for substrates other than wooden. As mentioned, fill the holes with flat side of trowel and then use the comb side as normal for the bead. floor tiles should always be skimmed to get a better fix.

Can you please explain why you only use it for substrates other than wooden???

R

Rich

Marvelous advice from Stewart and the gents above. When you fill the little holes with adhesive, skim the ditra with the flat edges of your trowel to press adhesive into the holes and then do the same but in the opposite direction. Then tile as normal (solid bed).

Reply to tiling onto ditra mat in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen