Currently reading:
Tiling from the ceiling

Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling from the ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

The old man used to hang mosaics with neat wet cement straight on to a wet s+c screeded walls. I remember watching two guys trying to remove 1 inch glass mosaics done the same way many years ago. It took the two of them each with a large kango two days to remove about 6 sq mtrs. The installation was so hard that there were sparks flying out everywhere. I was quite impressed.
Those were the days when a really good tiler would be pleased to get up 5 mtrs for the day :yikes:

V

vrytir

Why would you want to?

I want to use this tile pulka.JPG on the top so I get this bath.JPG wall, so I want to avoid cutting tiles on top as this would not have the effect I want. Hopefully I am understood:lol: or am I?

N

NZ_Tiler

How far off level is your ceiling? KEEP the tiles level. If you dont it will just create problems elsewhere.
Tiling from the ceiling down takes some experience, it can get ugly fast.

Starting from the floor, you can still have the full tile or near full tile at the ceiling

Lay your wall tiles with spacers out dry on a flat floor. This will give you an exact measurement.
Measure the distance between the floor and ceiling. Allow 3-5mm between the top of the tiles and ceiling for silicone or aycrl.
*Make sure you find the highest point on the ceiling and measure from there.

Mark this on your set out tiles.
Mark the tile that you want at the bottom. Cut this tile.

Mark the height of this cut tile on your wall where you measured down from and draw a level line around the walls being tiled.

Precision is the key here, once you have put on the 1st row measure again from ceiling to top edge of the 1st row of tiles.
Check this against your dry set out tiles. This measurement should be full tiles.

You will have to trim the tiles where the ceiling is low.

Reply to Tiling from the ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few ways to fix tile to bathroom walls. First you need to prepare the walls for tiling. Note that...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them. Price seems good for the tiles I need, but I need a large number of porcelain tiles for an external...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a couple of years and the tiling business is going quite well but the book-keeper I was recommended...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.