Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling External Step in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

higgi25

Hi all,

I'm tiling quarry tiles over the existing quarry tiles on my next job but am wondering if i need to prep the current surface before laying the new tiles?

Hopefully this good weather will continue so I can get it finished!!

Cheers everyone.

Craig.

G

Gazzer

Remove the old tiles and be done with it. That way you know what you are fixing to.

D

DHTiling

hello craig and welcome....I agree with Sir ramic , get them pulled off and start afresh...........good luck.......

H

higgi25

Cheers for the replies and the welcome guys. This site is a great source of info with the search facility available, hence this being my first post since joining.

I'll have to see how it goes as currently there are two courses on the step one of which is virtually completely covered by the front door.
Tiles currently sat on there have the bevelled edges whereas the new ones dont so i'm hoping that they will be same size as the tiles sat under the door as these will be impossible to remove.

Thanks again

Craig.

Reply to Tiling External Step in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen