Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling exterior doorway wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

UK Tiling Advice Thread

ajek

-
Reaction score
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would prefer not to use ready mix adhesive but looking for a good alternative solution if any only due to buying a very large bag of adhesive powder which will go to waste. I would appreciate any thoughts on ready mix and brands if anyone has experience with long term longevity of the tiles staying put. The area although a small external wall is sheltered but not the cold.

ajek

-
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I thought that would be the answer. Just a shame you can’t buy small bags cement based adhesive.

ajek

-
Reaction score
What’s the background wall surface and what’s the body of the tile made of?
It’s a plastered wall that is painted. I was thinking about either fixing some tile backer boards, prime and tile. The other option is to remove any loose plaster, score, prime and tile.

TimelessJohn

Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
It’s a plastered wall that is painted. I was thinking about either fixing some tile backer boards, prime and tile. The other option is to remove any loose plaster, score, prime and tile.
Whichever you do make sure all paint removed (unless mechanical fixing of backer boards).
As per Dave - you can get a smaller bag of cement based adhesives.

Reply to Tiling exterior doorway wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks