Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. Tiling Courses by UK Pro Tiling Training

Discuss Tiling course recommendation sought in the Tiling Courses Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Stu M

Stu M Active Member

I'll see if I can do some days with a tiler free labour to see what its like.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Stu M

Stu M Active Member

Sorry!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Not wishing to sound flip,
    but now you’re getting the idea :)

“Getting out what you put in” can obviously be said about each and every trade or profession out there.
    As a finishing trade, Tiling brings its own unique set of problems, this is something you will discover very quickly.

The term “it’s ok the tiler will get over that!”
    is as common a saying as “hello”

So latching on to a tiler for a short period will be the best form of research you can do.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. timeless john

timeless john Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

I started tiling in the early 70’s - yes 1970’s and after 6 years I wanted to buy a flat. The bank asked me to provide a business plan for a 12 month period. I was asked by Mr Howe - my bank manager - how many bathrooms I could do a week ( and I replied 1 or 2)
    and he took off 3 weeks holiday and expected me to do between 98 and 147 bathrooms a year! He then broke it down into expenses and earnings and after a glass of sherry at 10.30 in the morning arranged for a mortgage to be offered to me.
    It wasn’t anything to do with my dirty hand that greeted his ‘where there’s muck there’s money’, or the possibility that he was one of the last real branch managers, more the fact that my elder brother worked in his branch.
    So the moral in my story is - it’s not what you know, not how much you can do, more who you know!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Stu M

Stu M Active Member

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stu M

Stu M Active Member

Cheers John.

7. MissTiler

MissTiler TTA Tile Fixer of the year winner 2017 Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler TTA Member JOTM Winner

It can take a good few years to get established and hopefully get a good reputation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Antony Shine

Antony Shine New to TilersForums.co.uk

Hi. Can anyone please tell me where I could take a course to learn from scratch I’m the SW of England?
    I’m looking to retrain and would really appreciate the help people.
    Many thanks in advance.

9. UKTT Darren

UKTT Darren UK Pro Tiling Training TF Official Sponsor

Hi Antony,
    If you want the best possible start and any chance of a career in tiling then you will have to travel to us, you only have to look all over the internet to see our quality reviews as well as the hundreds of positive reviews on here from as far back as 2006. Don't make the mistake so many people do and risk your chances of success based on where is the closest place to me.
    We had someone fly in from Australia last month then flew home after our training, he could have gone anywhere in the world.
    Have a look through our website www.tiling-courses.co.uk you will se what we are about, videos, testimonials, course pictures, course content etc
    James from the previous post was in london and travelled to us, just take a read of what he said as he reviewed his time with us
    Regards
    Darren
    UK Pro Tiling Training

• Like Like x 5
  10. Perfect Tiling

Perfect Tiling Active Member

I can easily recommend Darren at UK Pro Tiling. I did a couple of courses when it was call NE Tiler Training and they were good value courses with mostly a hands on approach. I'm still going strong with plenty of work usually 3 months in advance....give him a shout

• Like Like x 1
  11. UKTT Darren

UKTT Darren UK Pro Tiling Training TF Official Sponsor

Thats going back a long time when we were called that, glad your still going strong after all these years
    Regards
    Darren

• Like Like x 1