Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling across wall hung wc frame in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

DIYMARK

TF
Reaction score
I have built a frame work to box in a Geberit frame and continue across the semi inset sink and end of shower. Frame is solid and I am intending to cover with water resistant plaster board.
Should I also cover with plywood?

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I do them with a ply inner skin then jackoboard or any other Tilebacker boards on top. 6mm or 10mm depending on your depth needs.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
If there are enough noggins, and it feels solid, just the plasterboard. If there's flex, ply, then plasterboard. Don't tile on the ply. ;)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always use a sheet of 12mm backer board where the frame is, it matches up to 12mm plasterboard either side. And give strength for the wc to be bolted back.

also run a bead od grip fill onto the frame to hep the backer board to adhere.

Reply to Tiling across wall hung wc frame in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks