Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a vinyl wetroom - Help needed in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tzan9

-
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post on this site - I hope everyone is well.

I am an avid DIY'er and have previous tiling experience fitting subway tiles in my kitchen.

I mustered up the courage to attempt to tile my bathroom, which currently has a vinyl floor wetroom. I'm pretty sure it's the "altro" type (will post pictures when I get home for the weekend). The walls around the shower area are tiled - I want to remove and re tile this.

I want to tile the entire bathroom - included the floor; effectivley making the vinyl wetroom into a tiled one.

I have a few questions on what needs to be done.

1) Can I just lay tile on top of the vinyl?

2) If not, and the vinyl is to be removed, do I need to tank the floor after removal? I'm assuming this has already been done to accomodate the vinyl.

3) How do I go about replacing the Circular drain with a square one like the one below?

4) Will there already be a "wetroom former" in place when I remove the vinyl? If so, I'm assuming I can tile over this?

5) My house has underfloor heating - but I'm not sure if this extends into this bathroom. If it does, how does this complicate things?

That's all my questions for now - please advise!

Thanks guys

Reply to Tiling a vinyl wetroom - Help needed in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen