Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a bathroom ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chubbywayne44

Hi this is my first post and i was hoping someone out there could help with advice.
i am considering tiling my bathroom ceiling which is only 4 square meter. i am a joiner by trade so the problem doesnt lie there.
what i need advice on is
has any body done this before did you use plywood, plaster board,???
what adhesive what grout
what were your results.
Basically can it be done so they dont fall off:yikes:.
if so please could you give advice to a struggling chippie:thumbsup:
thank you all
wayne

C

chubbywayne44

The tiles are 400 x 400 and only 6mm thick.
as for the why the wife would like it tiled.
i myself would reskim it but that would be to easy.
any help would be great
cheers

M

Mike

i'd never feel safe lieing in your bath never mind what addy you'd used. i've tiled window/door headers but i'd not like to do a ceiling. put her off the idea mate!

M

Mike

women have some strange ideas, i've just tiled a bedroom wall for a lady customer, looks nice but not my cup of tea!

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
It can be done, you'll need to overboard your ceiling with either a backerboard or plasterboard, use a good bagged adhesive, flexible rapid set would be my choice, and a good flexible grout, there are some pictures in my albums of a ceiling we did in a kitchen area in Chiswick.

C

chubbywayne44

ive been thinking of all angles to do this.
could i epoxy resin some mesh to the back of the tile then when dry epoxy this to plywood ceiling ??????????
has any one tried this?????
i might give it a try on a test piece first.
again any advice would be great.
cheers

Reply to Tiling a bathroom ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen