Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Re: Hall of shame....

Bad but not really the tilers fault, even more so on a commercial job where it is not always in your remit (or budget) to fix the substrate. Have they ok'd with you the extras to sort out the walls?

EDIT: On second glance it would appear that the floor has dips and hollows which considering the choice of tile would suggest that it gets washed down a fair amount and this wouldn't help, that for me would be a bigger problem than the walls

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

i'm gonna upload a couple of nice ones asap myself,again went in to price and the kango involved again!lol.

Reaction score

I went to look at this a few months back, only god knows why they done this. there was a bit of a border round the bath area, so he just started with a full tile off it :thumbsdown:

Attachments

• Erics LH side of door.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Erics RH side of door.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 115
C

Colour Republic

I went to look at this a few months back, only god knows why they done this. there was a bit of a border round the bath area, so he just started with a full tile off it :thumbsdown:

Nice setting out:thumbsup:

"would you like them landscape or portrait Sir?
"not sure what would look best, you decide"
"I think i'll go for a mixture"

later that day..

"hmmmm not sure if I should cut round the architrave of fit after...must be consistent... I'll do a mixture of both"

B

Bolter

Lost this job to a bathroom company that does everything. They included the tiling and mats for £60 ontop of the other work they did in there.

I laughed so hard when my friend rang me up swearing lol!

5903d1265035966-fell-out-neighbour-img00349-20100110-0101.jpg

5904d1265035966-fell-out-neighbour-img00350-20100110-0102.jpg

5905d1265035966-fell-out-neighbour-img00351-20100110-0102.jpg

5906d1265035966-fell-out-neighbour-img00352-20100110-0102.jpg

Ontop of the tiling looking "lumpy" they have grouted round the bath and the electric shower instead of using silicone, none of the joints line up and also none of the bricks turn the corner. When confronted, the "tiler" said "not my fault, the walls are wonky" to which my friend said "Ive paid you to sort the walls out!" to which the tiler walked off the job.

D

diamondtiling

He should have been given the time to get as far as he did, numpty 'tiler'
:thumbsdown:

B

Bolter

I know that! First thing I said was "you didnt pay them right?" and he looked sheepish and said "I paid them before they started"

You get what you are given in my book. A guy who can do 2 trades, both of which not very well. Not sure if he did the plumbing aswell.

Disclaimer: I know that many firms can do more than one thing, and I know that most of them do an awesome job. Im not ripping on people having more than one trade.

D

Daveyboy

Lost this job to a bathroom company that does everything. They included the tiling and mats for £60 ontop of the other work they did in there.

Who in their right mind thinks they're going to get quality tiling done for £60 including mats? :dizzy2:

B

brian c

Bathroom company eh!.........i wonder why they didnt remove the shower and hide the pipes....:yikes:

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley