Search the forum,

Discuss Tiler used dot dab on bathroom tiles - help! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Steven

Not only should you not be paying him a penny, when you take those tiles off you are likely to damage your wall and there will be a cost to repair/replace it.

Lwed22

-
Reaction score
I know, we’ll have to replace the boards I imagine. If the floor needs redoing we’re going to have to replace the underfloor heating mat I imagine too not to mention having to stay in a hotel for a few days because im guessing they will have to take out our new bathroom again. Cant believe he’s insisting we pay him

Q

QS Graham

Plenty of good opinions here but not what to do next. My advice - spend a few quid on a solicitor to make sure you don't accidentally wreck your case

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Write to him with your concerns and tell him you would like him to take off a wall
tile and a floor tile to assess the coverage and his methold. and if all is ok and your happy
then you will pay him and for his extra time. might cost you a bit extra but at least
you will know and you can plan what you want to do next, but if its bad then its a
total rip out and re-do

Reaction score
Don't pay him a penny. No self respecting tiler Dots and dabs. Yes we dot and dab here and there, corner tiles or replacement tiles. But as a whole we don't dot and dab., Also, I haven't used ready mixed adhesive for about 10 years! who does that anymore!? Also, a tiler should always use white adhesive. Grey just doesn't do it anymore. I know its cheaper but why save a pound per bag?
Why is grey not used anymore? Just asking every day is a school day

Reply to Tiler used dot dab on bathroom tiles - help! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen