Search the forum,

Discuss Tile trim or mitre cutting in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garyc

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone mitre cuts tiles around external corners or does everone use tile trim? Im tiling light & med travertine and I have a reasonable tile cutter but not sure what to do, advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

If you really want to use trim for travertine then use silver but not the curved edge, as above would look better..

D

DHTiling

If it is honed and filled travertine , then i would hone and fill the edges.. polished finish will be too shiny, :)

T

trevortine

Personally i hate to see trim anywhere near stone, just takes the look right off it imo.

A

_Adrian

If it is honed and filled travertine , then i would hone and fill the edges.. polished finish will be too shiny, :)
Hi,
Just read this thread - very relevant for me, but had a couple more questions on the polishing:
What level grit paper would a honed finish be? Also, if I wanted to create the same honed and filled finish on a cut edge of travertine, what's the process? Cut, fill (special grout?), then low speed dry polisher with 200, 400 then 800 grit?
Thinking about the tiling itself, would you do all the whole tiles then do all the cut/fill/hone tiles afterwards?
Thanks,
Adrian

D

DHTiling

400 finish max or the edge will start to polish... ideally 200 grit diamond pad will suffice... you can hone them and then grout to fill the pores of the tile edge..

M

MTiler

Ever thought of asking the customer what they would like, give them options? Just an idea.

Reply to Tile trim or mitre cutting in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen