Search the forum,

Discuss Tile trim on window recess external corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jra505

Hi,

I am tiling my bathroom, and do not have much experience of tiling and I am finding it quite heavy going!

I was wondering if some kind soul could help me with a question that I've got regarding using tile trim on the external corner formed by the window recess? I have bought some homelux tile trim, and a Plasplugs cutter which allows mitred cuts to be made.

The first question I have is which face should the tile trim be put onto? i.e. does the trim go behind the tiles which are stuck onto the bathroom wall, or should the trim be put behind/under the tiles which are within the window recess?

I assumed it was the latter, however despite using the fancy plasplugs mitre cutter I do not seem to be able to get the two trims to meet nicely and I am now wondering whether putting the trims on the bathroom wall would result in a better join?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Jon

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I put the trim in the reveal. I use a Homelux mitre box (£2.99 Topps Tiles) & hacksaw. I also scrape a bit extra adhesive on the edge of the tile ( the bit that sits on top of the trim). I also use masking tape to hold the trim in place. I did buy an expensive trim cutter, but it squashes the trim and makes dodgy cuts.

Reply to Tile trim on window recess external corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.