Search the forum,

Discuss Tile trim on window recess external corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jra505

Hi,

I am tiling my bathroom, and do not have much experience of tiling and I am finding it quite heavy going!

I was wondering if some kind soul could help me with a question that I've got regarding using tile trim on the external corner formed by the window recess? I have bought some homelux tile trim, and a Plasplugs cutter which allows mitred cuts to be made.

The first question I have is which face should the tile trim be put onto? i.e. does the trim go behind the tiles which are stuck onto the bathroom wall, or should the trim be put behind/under the tiles which are within the window recess?

I assumed it was the latter, however despite using the fancy plasplugs mitre cutter I do not seem to be able to get the two trims to meet nicely and I am now wondering whether putting the trims on the bathroom wall would result in a better join?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Jon

G

Gazzer

You are correct. The trim fits on the reveal and the tile inside the reveal holds the trim.
I cut mitres with a junior hacksaw either with a Homelux plastic mitre box or freehand.

D

Daz

As per Sir Ramic,

Trim sits inside the reveal and I cut mitres using junior hacksaw and mitre block. Stand the trim up before mitre'ing.

Be lucky

R

robbo

you can get a mitre block especially for cutting tile trim from any good tile shop...

D

DHTiling

hello jon and welcome to the forums..............I would put the trim in the reveal as well...............as mentioned use a hacksaw and mitre box...much neater........

C

charlie1

Yes Sir Ramic, please post some diagrams of how you do it and possibly pros and cons of doing it other way.

Im allways willing to learn better methods.

T

tileman

Hi, as others say junior hacksaw and mitre block, throw the PlasPlugs cutter in the bin it's rubbish, if cutting metal trim I use a standard size hacksaw with a fine blade.
john

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I put the trim in the reveal. I use a Homelux mitre box (£2.99 Topps Tiles) & hacksaw. I also scrape a bit extra adhesive on the edge of the tile ( the bit that sits on top of the trim). I also use masking tape to hold the trim in place. I did buy an expensive trim cutter, but it squashes the trim and makes dodgy cuts.

Reply to Tile trim on window recess external corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen