Search the forum,

Discuss Tile to ceiling gap in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all!

As mentioned previously I’m new to the game! I’m tiling our en-suite but I’ve dropped a bit of a ball on my working out.. and no left with a 8-10mm gap between tiles and upvc ceiling cladding (see pic).

Whats the best thing to fill the gap with? I was thinking a small upvc quadrant or some upvc scotia.. any thoughts or recommendations appreciated 👍🏻

926B6D02-2259-4382-B4C7-98F014466BAA.jpeg

7A7A137E-5908-45DF-8AA9-65DD100E0103.jpeg

317321EE-BA4E-4F7E-B02A-EBA1D301123A.jpeg

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Hello mate, be more careful with your setting out next time. Very important that is (as you've learned) and well worth spending a lot of time working out when starting a job.

I'd be inclined to fill that gap with silicone myself and then get some quadrant over it. Its the only way to salvage it really.

Have you at least primed those walls? It dosent look like you have. They should have been tanked really. Are they plasterboard or something else?

Cheers

Edd

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Sorry mate, just seen your previous post and realised this is a DIY project. Still would do what I said, silicone and then put the quadrant on. Should look fine.

Ideally, the walls wanted tanking and definitely needed priming, so hopefully you did that. Otherwise you'll just have to hope for the best!!

Good luck buddy and well done for taking the job on yourself!

Cheers

Edd

Reaction score
Sorry mate, just seen your previous post and realised this is a DIY project. Still would do what I said, silicone and then put the quadrant on. Should look fine.

Ideally, the walls wanted tanking and definitely needed priming, so hopefully you did that. Otherwise you'll just have to hope for the best!!

Good luck buddy and well done for taking the job on yourself!

Cheers

Edd
Hi Edd,

Cheers for the reply! Yeah I scored and primed the walls and tanked shower area with the mapei tanking kit and tape.

Main bathroom next so I shall be more careful with measurements! That’s why I did en-suite first because it’s only me that uses it haha.

Cheers
Brad!

Reply to Tile to ceiling gap in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen