Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile to ceiling gap in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all!

As mentioned previously I’m new to the game! I’m tiling our en-suite but I’ve dropped a bit of a ball on my working out.. and no left with a 8-10mm gap between tiles and upvc ceiling cladding (see pic).

Whats the best thing to fill the gap with? I was thinking a small upvc quadrant or some upvc scotia.. any thoughts or recommendations appreciated 👍🏻

926B6D02-2259-4382-B4C7-98F014466BAA.jpeg

7A7A137E-5908-45DF-8AA9-65DD100E0103.jpeg

317321EE-BA4E-4F7E-B02A-EBA1D301123A.jpeg

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Hello mate, be more careful with your setting out next time. Very important that is (as you've learned) and well worth spending a lot of time working out when starting a job.

I'd be inclined to fill that gap with silicone myself and then get some quadrant over it. Its the only way to salvage it really.

Have you at least primed those walls? It dosent look like you have. They should have been tanked really. Are they plasterboard or something else?

Cheers

Edd

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Sorry mate, just seen your previous post and realised this is a DIY project. Still would do what I said, silicone and then put the quadrant on. Should look fine.

Ideally, the walls wanted tanking and definitely needed priming, so hopefully you did that. Otherwise you'll just have to hope for the best!!

Good luck buddy and well done for taking the job on yourself!

Cheers

Edd

Reaction score
Sorry mate, just seen your previous post and realised this is a DIY project. Still would do what I said, silicone and then put the quadrant on. Should look fine.

Ideally, the walls wanted tanking and definitely needed priming, so hopefully you did that. Otherwise you'll just have to hope for the best!!

Good luck buddy and well done for taking the job on yourself!

Cheers

Edd
Hi Edd,

Cheers for the reply! Yeah I scored and primed the walls and tanked shower area with the mapei tanking kit and tape.

Main bathroom next so I shall be more careful with measurements! That’s why I did en-suite first because it’s only me that uses it haha.

Cheers
Brad!

Reply to Tile to ceiling gap in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks