Search the forum,

Discuss tile thickness for over electric underfloor heating mats in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rss

We need some advice. Have insulated and screeded bathroom floor ready for electric underfloor heating mats to be tiled over. We'd like to use traditional reclaimed quarry tiles, 30mm thick but this is fairly unconventional and most mat producers recommend a thinner tile. Does anyone have experience with this... am wondering whether although the tiles will take longer to heat up we will then have more thermal mass in our floor which will rlease more slowly into the room thus making it warmer over a longer time... Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.

U

Uheat - Keith

If you have the depth, you can use our Elektra VCD17 Underfloor heating Cable.
When used with a 30mm tile, the Elektra VCD17 system then has a minimum 30mm screed installed over the cable.
The cable is best installed on top of Celotex, tuff-R or T-break (minimum 12mm) insulation.
i.e. You are going to need over 75mm spare depth in your floor to work in.
This is a storage type system, and power is switched on over night. This system cannot just be switched on and you get heat one hour later.

Hope that is of some help. Warm regards,

Reply to tile thickness for over electric underfloor heating mats in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen