Search the forum,

Discuss Tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stephenoneill

often overlooked by many tilers a good tile spacer is important ;having used many over the years i have found the raimondi 3 mm spacer to be the best;the spacer is large and holds the tile perfectly in place and due to its shape it is easy to fit between the tiles and more importantly easy to remove; it does not bend and is easily cleaned with a quick soak overnight between jobs :well thats my lot about tile spacers lol

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

i use my spacers as wedges with ceramics on walls, the further you push them in the wider the joint. I keep an eye on my vertical joint consistency to keep lined up and a 1.8 level on top of each course for final check. A dodgy off square tile will throw you out anyway and the quality of some ceramics means constant adjustments.

Snap Mark, you just beat me, must be my age.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

What bond are you doing Mark? I think 1mm is a bit tight, I would feel more comfortable with 2mm rectified edge might stand 1mm but then you have to think about expansion, cement based grouts allow for a little bit of movement not a lot granted.

I do remember when rectified edge tiles came in and people were talking about butt joints, where is the grout going? also expansion issues?:thumbsup:

D

Dougs Third Go

or there's always these..

dentures2.jpg

C

charlie1

What bond are you doing Mark? I think 1mm is a bit tight, I would feel more comfortable with 2mm rectified edge might stand 1mm but then you have to think about expansion, cement based grouts allow for a little bit of movement not a lot granted.

I do remember when rectified edge tiles came in and people were talking about butt joints, where is the grout going? also expansion issues?:thumbsup:

Ye phill, it's going to be a rectified tile, eagle porcelain or porcelanosa porcelain. I just thought 1 mm would make it look sharper but it may all go wrong as tiles differ in size. Will stick with 2mm I think.... Cheers bud

Reply to Tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays