Search the forum,

Discuss Tile spacer sizing advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

minesapint

Hi, what size tile spacers should I use? I am putting some tiles in an enclosure, I read some where 3 or 4mm would be best as easier to grout.
I will be using different tiles on the rest of the walls, should I use the same size spacers so grout lines are similar?
Also for the floor tiles what would you recommend?
Thanks

Q

Qwerty

Ceramic wall and floor

But what sizes are they? What make? The reason I ask is that some tiles from certain DIY sheds are very varied on sizing so you tend to use a slightly bigger spacer to lose the variation in the layout

M

minesapint

The boss is at home and has checked the tiles for the shower enclosure they are 498x298 oscano. The others are 500x200 and are b&q.
The floor tiles are 600x154 guigliano they are from b&q too.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Qwerty

I would usually use a 2mm spacer on walls and a 3mm on floor. B&Q tiles are notorious for being sizey. All I can suggest is to try these sizes and buy some tiling wedges to take out any irregularities of sizes when laying them.... Rubi 5mm Wedge (500) 02950 | Buy Tiling Spacers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiling-spacers/558/rubi-5mm-wedge-500-02950

Be mindful with your layout too with some DIY shed tiles. They can be badly bowed and means laying brickbond can be a nightmare.

M

minesapint

One more thing already! Do I need to apply anything to the concrete floor before applying the tiles?

Q

Qwerty

One more thing already! Do I need to apply anything to the concrete floor before applying the tiles?

Sweep, vacuum and then prime with either an acrylic tiling primer or SBR primer. Follow the manufacturers recommendations. This can be used on the walls also. Just don't use PVA to prime anything!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Check levels on your floor as well, you may need to put levelling compound down prior to tiling

Reply to Tile spacer sizing advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen