Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile replacement in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

lizzardtong

Right lads went to see a job today in 5 star hotel
3 tiles need to be replaced in 3 different bathrooms

1 on the wall with bath tap in it and shower screen

1 on the wall with shower sreen on it

1 floor tile
So how much you think i should quote them

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Quote a day rate if you can do it in a day?
Where is it based?

100 - 200 plus materials? Depending on where you are.

If you're needing to tank and things or match tiles and run around, there are factors that would mean it could run into 2 days maybe.

So be up front and honest and quote a day rate. Then say it's most probably one day, could be two.

If you run into 1.5 days, it's still two. As you cant do anything else that day. Good advice if that happens, ask if there is anything else you can do like tighten screws on bathroom fittings or something they might no so often.

Being fair to another local business is key. They can help you out by remembering you. So make sure they remember you for the right reasons.

L

lizzardtong

I can do it in a day i would say but i cant be bothered as there is more sitting and waiting than working. Adhesive have to dry then grout then selant so i tought to give them ridiculous hihg price so they might find someone else or if they will go for that then i would be motivated. And its only 20mm hairline crack going from under shower screen to outside trim. And tiny little chip on wood effect tile

O

Old Mod

So u've got to move kit 3 times, protect carpets, sanitary ware and furnishing 3 times, remove two shower screens,remove old silicone from 2 shower screens and walls, remove one set of taps.
Then remove 3 tiles in three rooms without damaging adjacent tiles, remove adhesive behind sufficient to replace, repair any damage caused to the substrate behind 3 times maybe even repair tanking.
Then replace 3 tiles in 3 rooms and get them to blend, wait for them to dry and then grout 3 times in 3 rooms in two different colours probably.
Then replace 2 shower screens and re silicone, and then replace one set of taps and maybe any seals.
Maybe it's on 3 different floors, then remove any protection and clean up thoroughly 3 times like u were never there!

Hmmmmmmmm......... 3 days maybe plus mats! :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd go in for the hope you get more work if they have 400 bathrooms.

Be efficient. On time. Clean. Etc

And if you charge for 3, don't sit around for a days worth. Ask if there's something you can do while you're waiting.

Reply to Tile replacement in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks