Search the forum,

Discuss tile over anhydrite screeds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tanking in the shower. Ideally a joint in the screed between the shower and the non shower but if its not there tank beyond the bit that will get most of the water. no tanking required elsewhere.

1. Abrade the floor as already described ( I usually go for 60 grit but 40 is fine)
2. Make sure the underfloor heating is comissioned and run ( properly!!)
3. vacuum any remaining dust
4. Test it to make sure it's dry enough
5. Tile it.

If tanking is used you are fine to use a flexi cement adhesive ( I would Recomend thisin the wet areas anyway)

Everywhere else you do ot necessarily need a primer

Here is a listof adhesives which can be used primerless

CSA from granfix
tile to Gypsum from norcross
gypfix from n&c nicobond
h 40 Eco ideal from kerakoll
benfergyps from benfer

There are probably a few others that I don't know

Reply to tile over anhydrite screeds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen