Search the forum,

Discuss tile over anhydrite screeds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

toshtiles11771

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice, I have been ask to tile a kitchen and shower room floor in a new build by a contractor. Just found out today it has a anhydrite screed on the down stair floor.

I have looked on the net for information and it said that it has to be mechanically [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]abraded and an appropriate primer to be used.

Just looking for any information or advice from anyone who has tiled app on this type of screed.

Thanks
Tosh Tiling
[/FONT]

G

Gazzer

On a more personal level. When faced with these screeds I Sand the floor with a 7" rotary sander with 40grit discs. I hoover the remaining dust away and I have used N&C Gypfix adhesive.

T

toshtiles11771

what type of primer did you use ? Flexi cement base adhesive ? slow or rapid set ?
It's just I've read a few posts of the tiles failing, its a big area and don't fancy having to fork out for any rework.

G

Gazzer

There is no need to prime with Gypfix according to the manufacturers as it is a gypsum based adhesive.

T

toshtiles11771

thanks for all inputs guys ! Yes there is to be tiling in a shower room (not wet Room), is it still recommended to tank floor even if there is a shower tray ?

W

White Room

From reading Garys post, the floor where it's going to tiled in the shower room will need tanking....

Reply to tile over anhydrite screeds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen