Search the forum,

Discuss Tile on to Gypsum screed (gyvlon low latance) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

Did not know schluter was ok with gypsum adhesive for sticking ditramat down. You learn something new every day

T

The D

Every day is a school day deano... :)
I just called the tech line for schluter and they do not advise the use of gypsum adhesives to stick ditra mat to gypsum screeds as they have not tested it and there for can not recommend it there recommendation was to use Ardex primer and Ardex adhesive. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

proview1122

I just called the tech line for schluter and they do not advise the use of to stick ditra mat to gypum screeds as they have not tested it and there for can not recommend it there recommendation was to use Ardex primer and Ardex adhesive. :smilewinkgrin:

well I was just about to do the order for £1600 worth of gear to do the job now you've made me think / worry / pull hair out again. I was just getting my head round the problem and thought it was solved.

If I was not using ditra then the gypsum adhesive would be the way to go and it would stick well to the screed and tiles

I think Schlüter are just covering their arse and have not tested long term compatibility with gypsum addy
what todo what todo

its now wonder no one feels confident with this screed

P

proview1122

Tel:
+ 44 (0) 1530 813396 give the tech line a call its the best way :thumbsup:

just spoke to them they don't as you say recommend using gypsum addy but did agree that they had not tested its use they could only recommend what they know is ok ardex primer and ardex addy

interestingly I rang granfix re their csa addy and their technical bloke also did not recommend csa to stick matting down and to use primmer and cement addy

really am loosing hair now

S

Spud

I just called the tech line for schluter and they do not advise the use of gypsum adhesives to stick ditra mat to gypsum screeds as they have not tested it and there for can not recommend it there recommendation was to use Ardex primer and Ardex adhesive. :smilewinkgrin:
well done Deano :thumbsup:

Reply to Tile on to Gypsum screed (gyvlon low latance) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen