Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile on to Gypsum screed (gyvlon low latance) in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

proview1122

looked into tiling on this forum and elsewhere I am thinking of doing sand / scrape off screed, vacuum, Gypsum adhesive, ditra matting , cement adhesive (white), tiles ( 600 square porcelain60 meters, travertine French pattern 25meters )

using Gypsum adhesive saves priming (several coats) and it will stick to the screed! there are a couple of cracks in the screed usual places doorways ect the ditra is a bit bet and braces but it is for myself so money saved on primer helps with cost of Gypsum adhesive and ditra.

has anyone any recommendation for who to go to for the adhesive it does not seem to be on many web sites have found ditra at £220 a roll is this a good price cheers

P

proview1122

Here's a better price for your ditra Search results for: 'Ditra'

better price yes but it isn't ditra I don't want to find out there are more problems with dural matting, they may have solved them but ditra has never had a problem.

just something else, spoke to tecnical at Norcross re their Tile on Gypsum adhesive to stick the ditra down they say absolutely NOT. Primethe screed several coats then use cement adhesive whereas granfix csa say no problem with screed to ditra. This is why its such a mine field

stewart

J

jonnyc

Don't know where you live but boydens of Croydon do best deal I know of , but I buy 5 rolls at a time

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
better price yes but it isn't ditra I don't want to find out there are more problems with dural matting, they may have solved them but ditra has never had a problem.

just something else, spoke to tecnical at Norcross re their Tile on Gypsum adhesive to stick the ditra down they say absolutely NOT. Primethe screed several coats then use cement adhesive whereas granfix csa say no problem with screed to ditra. This is why its such a mine field

stewart

I can see the need for ditra under the trav but why you putting it under the porcs?

The different advice on the addys is because they are different materials as far as I know.

Another one to look at for the ditra and the porcs would be h40 ideal from kerakoll. If you use this one though do not prime with the ditra

P

proview1122

I can see the need for ditra under the tray but why you putting it under the porcs?

The different advice on the addys is because they are different materials as far as I know.

Another one to look at for the ditra and the porcs would be h40 ideal from kerakoll. If you use this one though do not prime with the ditra

2 cracks running at an angle to the line of the tiles and they open close due to the thermal expansion I don't want these transferring through to the porcs

You and some others will know that they are different materials, but for an ordiary sod like me just tring to fix tiles down they are both made and marketed to go on anhydrite screeds

thanks for the other make but I don't think I will better my price of £21 inc the drat for granfix csa

Stewart

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
£21 for CSA is a super price. Understand the need for ditra now you've mentioned instability. Just as a belt and braces do you ow if the cracks open when heated and close when cooled or is it the other way round. Hopefully it's the other way round ie close when hot and open when cold.

P

proview1122

£21 for CSA is a super price. Understand the need for ditra now you've mentioned instability. Just as a belt and braces do you ow if the cracks open when heated and close when cooled or is it the other way round. Hopefully it's the other way round ie close when hot and open when cold.

yes exactally, open when cold closed when warm. Main one is across a door way, the other half way along wall about 1m long

T

The D

Did not know schluter was ok with gypsum adhesive for sticking ditramat down. You learn something new every day

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Did not know schluter was ok with gypsum adhesive for sticking ditramat down. You learn something new every day

Every day is a school day deano... :)

T

The D

Every day is a school day deano... :)
I just called the tech line for schluter and they do not advise the use of gypsum adhesives to stick ditra mat to gypsum screeds as they have not tested it and there for can not recommend it there recommendation was to use Ardex primer and Ardex adhesive. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tile on to Gypsum screed (gyvlon low latance) in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks