Discuss Tile before or after cladding ceiling in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently preparing for my own bathroom refit and i'm doing all job myself except for the tiling

I'm going to fit some uPVC cladding to the ceiling and i'm wondering if it's better to fit this before or after the walls have been tiled.

Im using cladding with an end strip as follows:

My first thoughts were that fitting the cladding after would give a neater finish as no gap to fill between cladding and tiles BUT this might cause an issue as i'll have to attach the trim/end strip to the tiles, most likely would have to use adhesive rather than trying to drill the tiles

Any advice greatly appreciated as been struggling to find advice online

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
i prefer to put ceilings up after tiling is done that way if any part of the ceiling gets damaged either by you or your tiler then because it went up last then it can come back down again just as easy
also don t use any trims just make sure your cutting is neat with the right blade and finish any edges off with a fine bead of good quality silicone

received_363529252102519.jpeg

Last edited:

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently preparing for my own bathroom refit and i'm doing all job myself except for the tiling

I'm going to fit some uPVC cladding to the ceiling and i'm wondering if it's better to fit this before or after the walls have been tiled.

Im using cladding with an end strip as follows:

My first thoughts were that fitting the cladding after would give a neater finish as no gap to fill between cladding and tiles BUT this might cause an issue as i'll have to attach the trim/end strip to the tiles, most likely would have to use adhesive rather than trying to drill the tiles

Any advice greatly appreciated as been struggling to find advice online

Thanks in advance
I'd read your cladding details !it says not to be used in shower areas !! I only looked up the details because I thought why would you put lots of unsealed joints in a room where fine moisture will be a constant ?? There is no moisture seal on your cladding it will grow black mould everywhere !! I'd rethink

Reply to Tile before or after cladding ceiling in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks