Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking Hardie in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

magga

TF
Reaction score
Got a job to quote for a customer who has specified that she wants the floor tanking. It's not a wet room or anything but she wants belts and braces approach, which is fair enough.

The subfloor is t&g floorboards, so was thinking of overboarding with 6mm Hardie and then tanking with paste and taping joins.

Would this be the best approach, or can anyone recommend a better one?

Cheers

O

Old Mod

How about Homelux floor tanking on a roll?
Never used it, but I've seen it.
I've used the wall tanking on a roll, easy enough to use.
And u just overlap it by 50-100mm from memory. :D

magga

TF
Reaction score
Would this have any benefit over tanking paste? Just I've already got some tanking paste and tape, so would be the cheaper option.

I've not used the Homelux floor tanking either, so don't know a lot about it.

O

Old Mod

Its just a thick cloth, cheap version of Keba if u like. Fine notch trowel, overlap & done. Tile instantly.

O

One Day

Wedi 12mm with 610 adhesive to joints and over the washers. Fast, easy and waterproof.

O

Old Mod

I'll tell u why I'd consider it.
It's not a wet room, it's fast, no height build up and u can roll it 100mm up wall to form a skirting.
It's function is just to waterproof.
Minimal joints and you're going on to a solid base.
I agree, it probably would be a very good option with Wedi.
But u gotta stick and screw every board, waterproof every screw hole and joint, use their tape to form a skirting and every joint is a weak point, including skirting.
And in comparison cost wise, Wedi will cost a small fortune for what it is.
Just how I would look at that situation that's all.
Anything more complicated like UFH or whatever and I wouldn't even consider it.

magga

TF
Reaction score
Yeah makes sense.

I assume you mean to put the Homelux over the Hardie? In which case you've still got a 6mm ish height increase.

O

Old Mod

Sorry my understanding was u were gonna board it anyway cos of floorboards.
Yeah would only put it over Hardie.

magga

TF
Reaction score
Yeah the Homelux website seems to suggest it can go over any wooden or concrete floor, but I wouldn't like to put it straight onto floorboards.

Reply to Tanking Hardie in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen