Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking Hardie in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

magga

TF
Reaction score
Yeah makes sense.

I assume you mean to put the Homelux over the Hardie? In which case you've still got a 6mm ish height increase.

O

Old Mod

Sorry my understanding was u were gonna board it anyway cos of floorboards.
Yeah would only put it over Hardie.

magga

TF
Reaction score
Yeah the Homelux website seems to suggest it can go over any wooden or concrete floor, but I wouldn't like to put it straight onto floorboards.

F

Flintstone

Just board it as normal and tank it with your tanking kit, if that's what your farmiliar with, it works, end of.

magga

TF
Reaction score
Just coming up to doing this one now, 3fall, you mention about overlapping the joints, they sell some tape for the joints, is this not really needed? They also sell internal and external corners, would they not be needed either? I know you said you've never used it, so maybe you can't help!

Thanks

O

Old Mod

Just coming up to doing this one now, 3fall, you mention about overlapping the joints, they sell some tape for the joints, is this not really needed? They also sell internal and external corners, would they not be needed either? I know you said you've never used it, so maybe you can't help!

Thanks
I haven't used their system in a little while Magga,
Trying to recall, I'm sure on walls you were instructed to overlap 50 mm
But if they have a tape, then I would say from a 'covering your own backside' point of view, use the tape for the joints.
But I struggle to see the difference between overlapping and jointing.
They are both a cloth of equal thickness after all.
Preformed corners are only really a convenience thing. You can make them out of the tape.
As with Schluter, you can buy preformed or not.
I suppose with the preformed there's more of a belt and braces cos they're seemless, where as when you make your own, the overlap is a weak point.
But no, preformed corners are not a requirement from memory.
Maybe not much help, but that's the way I'd see it.
Hope this has been a little help.
Did find this, very basic PDF on installation.
http://homelux.co.uk/downloads/Waterproof Matting_Leaflet.pdf

O

Old Mod

It definately works, used to use it few years ago.
And for this particular situation is ideal imo.
It's only being used for a safety net, not a front line defence against moisture ingress as such.

Reply to Tanking Hardie in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen