Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Suggestions appreciated for best results discontinued stone in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Challenging to you it may be, boring to them it will be! Haha
    I struggle to see how it can be a feature, it's too small, unless it's extended around the other areas too.
    Ah! Actually, I noticed some designer tiles on Instagram today, do you use it Ian?

• Like Like x 1
  2. callatiler

callatiler Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

No had AOL dial up last time I used it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

IMG_1631.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. callatiler

Very nice, how easy would they be to get a hold of tho, remember everyone thinks we all go around with blue faces, skirts and broadswords screaming freedom to any passerby up here!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 3_fall

More for inspiration than anything mate.
    Bisazza do some exotic stuff as do sicis

IMG_1633.jpg IMG_1634.jpg IMG_1635.jpg IMG_1636.jpg IMG_1637.jpg IMG_1638.jpg IMG_1639.jpg IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. 3_fall

How about a piece of portoro marble?
    IMG_1641.jpg
    Failing that, Porcelthin do an amazing replica tile, it's so close to real thing it's crazy.

Porcelthin tile.

IMG_1642.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. pdc

pdc Professional Tiler Top Contributor

You must have some offcuts knocking around Marc..

• Like Like x 1
  8. 3_fall

Not of the portoro, but I know a man who does! :D

I got a couple off cuts of calacatta.

• Like Like x 1
  9. callatiler

That's maybe an idea, black marble with gold vein, kinda thing they would like!

• Like Like x 1
  10. 3_fall

This is also Porcelthin portoro
    I did this in the Porcelthin showroom.
    Art Deco sunburst.

IMG_6886.JPG IMG_6902.JPG IMG_6904.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. callatiler

• Like Like x 1
  12. 3_fall

It comes in 1800 x 900 x 5.4mm Ian.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. callatiler

14. Ryan Lite Stone

Ryan Lite Stone Active Member

Personally I would go for a feature strip / threshold piece between the two areas by cutting out the rest of the tiles to make one long strip wall to wall.

Then speak to local marble fabricators one of which will hopefully have an offcut of 20mm Travertine slab that could do the job. Only issue could be thickness so they may have to round both long edges, or grind the back of the slab and split the strip into 3 - 4 pieces so it can be fitted flush.

You will never find a perfect match to the existing tiles so better go for a darker contrasting travertine like noce.

if you try and find a close matching travertine, replace some tiles and then grind and repolish the entire stone floor you will still be able to tell the difference between the new tiles and orignals.

• Like Like x 1