Search the forum,

Discuss sticking schluter ditra down to sub floor?? Amtico glue?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

micky106

Hi guy's, Right iv been doing abit of Ditra the last few job's not really done much before, the company i sub contract to sent Amtico Glue down for sticking the Ditra to the sub floor,hummmm, wot are your thoughts on this?? i was not happy sticking it down with Amtico Glue but when put foward to them thay said it was fine??
should i refuse to do this again?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What type of substrate is it. I have seen it stuck down with all sorts of different glues. The issue I forsee with a thin bed pressure sensitive or a contact adhesive is that the dimples in the underside of the matting will not be filled which will impact negatively on the loading capacity of the floor.

Reaction score
Surely the dimples are on the orange upper surface and its just the material on the underside that bonds to the subfloor? The main thing about Amtico glue is that it isnt that flexible. As Doug says, a 1 part flexi is best.

S

SandyFloor

Perfectly fine to use it IF the substrate is very smooth. Concrete would need a water based slc first to ensure a good contact. If it's not a pressure sensitive adhesive you will need to roll it and monitor it as it sets to ensure it maintains a contact as it won't have much grab. Personally I think you'll be a lot safer with tile addy.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Surely the dimples are on the orange upper surface and its just the material on the underside that bonds to the subfloor? The main thing about Amtico glue is that it isnt that flexible. As Doug says, a 1 part flexi is best.

course it is. what am I talking about....nutter.

S

SandyFloor

Unless it's high temperature adhesive it's very flexible. Actually there's another thing ....if it's over ufh it will need to be high temp adhesive which isn't flexible and has no grab whatsoever so I'm guessing unsuitable.

M

micky106

well iv done two jobs in the last 3weeks like this, both floors were 170m2 ditra was stuck down to SLC and natural stone layed on top with single part flex.
Next job was stuck down to wood floor with 60 x 60 porcelain on top.
i had to pop back to change afew tile'd Ditra had really good bond to SLC.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
now I am in for some stick for getting my Ditra upside down aint I :)

M

micky106

single part flex is wot im using also been rolled with vinyl roller. so should be ok. like to make sure it's all ok before i do it again on the next job as iv not done alot of ditra

Reply to sticking schluter ditra down to sub floor?? Amtico glue?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen