Search the forum,

Discuss Start off cost in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JP Bradley

How much to set up ?

Basically what tools will i need? Rough price of the cost and what materials will i need to keep a stock of ?

Am just trying to get a rough idea of how much it is going to cost me to set up.

Also do you keep a sample of tiles you can supply or just tell the customer to get however many tiles they will need ?

Cheers in advance

JP

C

CLAYS TILES

How much to set up ? GOOD QUESTION M8

Basically what tools will i need? Rough price of the cost and what materials will i need to keep a stock of ? price can vary depending wot you think you'll need!£250 should cover basics, but not everything!

Am just trying to get a rough idea of how much it is going to cost me to set up.van /estate car, tools, advertising etc. AGAIN CAN VARY!

Also do you keep a sample of tiles you can supply or just tell the customer to get however many tiles they will need ? I don't show tiles i advise to go to topps tiles

Cheers in advance

JP

HOPE THIS HELPS M8

D

Dicko1973

Just worked out my total cost with course, hotel, and tools.

Worked out at £1250, but i've got everything I need except a van.

By the way there the good tools as well not B&Q'S own so I don't think thats too bad.

Hope this helps.

C

CLAYS TILES

Just worked out my total cost with course, hotel, and tools.

Worked out at £1250, but i've got everything I need except a van.

By the way there the good tools as well not B&Q'S own so I don't think thats too bad.

Hope this helps.
my total so far if i add up everything i've done it breaks down as:
£ 350 course
£1000 van
£500 starter tool bag (without wet saw)
£200 wet saw/circular saw/ladders

you just don't realise till you break it down how much you've spent,the thing is your ALWAYS adding to that too.................:mad2:

W

woodie

i daren't even think about it as my wet cutter alone cost me 1200 quid and my van was over 9000:huh2: Mike

D

DHTiling

i daren't even think about it as my wet cutter alone cost me 1200 quid and my van was over 9000:huh2: Mike

Wot make is that wet cutter mate????

Have you got a pic of that very pricey machine....??

P

penno

Bloody hard to work out a starting cost really. Make a list of things you will need and have a look around on the net for prices.
Don't forget to add things to your list such as extension leads, all bumps up the cost.

Most of your cash will no doubt be spent on cutters. When i first started out which was not long ago i had a wet cutter and a small rubi ts 40. Thought this would be more than enough as i would only be doing things like bathrooms and kitchens, how wrong was i. Next thing a customer pulls out a large porcelain and before you know it you have 3 dry cutters. What i mean is even when just starting up one dry cutter is not sufficent for the work. You NEED a variety of cutters for the job. One week could be in a tiny bathroom that is so small you need to go outside to change your mind so need a small cutter the next week doing a large floor that requires something like a Rubi 700n.
If you don't have the cutters and tools for a job you simply can't do the work.

Things like trowels, tape measures and spirit levels, don't just go out there and buy one of each, 2 of each minimum.
Also don't forget to get a calculator :)

T

tfs

I am not yet an experienced tiler but, I feel that my water levels have been a great investment. Especially for making a datum all the way around bathrooms etc. I found that it isnt as easy as some may think to mark your datum with a normal spirit level. Best of all they only cost £6 - 15.

kris

Reply to Start off cost in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen