Search the forum,

Discuss Stains showing through sealed brazilian slate floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cheeseroller

Hi, I have come to a job where the previous tiler has laid new brazilian floor tiles and then sealed them after a week or so (having carried on working in the building) There are various stains (whitish) that are showing through. Tiles were sealed with HG natural stone sealer/impregnator. I spoke to someone at a tile store who advised using HG stain/spot remover to remove the existing sealer, then go over it with a grout residue remover, then re-seal; however these removers have not got rid of the stains/watermarks underneath. Can anyone help?

C

Cheeseroller

hi, will get some pics asap; as i said, it was already laid then sealed after by somebody else.

Reply to Stains showing through sealed brazilian slate floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen