Currently reading:
stains and watermarks on slate tile

Discuss stains and watermarks on slate tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frankief

hi guys and gals,
Newbie to tilerforums, so Hi to everyone.
Hope you can help me, I have been asked to a property where the bathroom has slate floor tiles. The bathroom had a leak and I was able to restore the grout, but the stains and watermarks on the tiles are a pain to remove. I have tried viakal, microban, and I even tried caustic soda to no avail......have any of you any suggestions I could use to clean theses mean old tiles........:mad2:
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Frankies

B

brian c

welcome to the forums...by the sound of it they dont seem to be sealed.

this might be useful...........
thumb_p_stonewash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to stains and watermarks on slate tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.