Discuss Split faced tiles unsightly gaps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
These need tidying up as the tiler didn't give em the attention he should have some unsightly gaps can these be grouted if so what would be best to use. Cheers kop

20190124_134244.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

Grout float and a finger but wash off fairly quickly.
Be fun getting it flush!

B

Bill

sometimes split face tiles do not tie in close together - the product is notorious for misshapes.

The 1st photo, the tiles and plasterboard should been cut closer to the waste, flush inlet and bolts. Apart from that - it doesn't look too bad.

One more point - I never understand why folk have difficult to clean surfaces in wet areas.........

S

Spare Tool

sometimes split face tiles do not tie in close together - the product is notorious for misshapes.

The 1st photo, the tiles and plasterboard should been cut closer to the waste, flush inlet and bolts. Apart from that - it doesn't look too bad.

One more point - I never understand why folk have difficult to clean surfaces in wet areas.........
I thought that about the board and tile gap round the pipes too, don't think the toilet will cover that?

W

Waluigi

I think we know the reason why it has been cut around though don’t we?

To an extent, if the split face is that uneven, I’d rather install it to a flat surface (Ply wood) than bolt it against the peaks of a split face tile.

W

Waluigi

It’s not my way. It’s not my job. I’ve never done anything other than fit a Wall mounted Pan against tiles.same goes for BTW Pans.

Whateverrrrrrrr ;)

B

Bill

But it would be difficult to fix it back to split faced tiles!
Why would it? If i had to fix to split face i would grade the tiles for thickness.... no different when you have plug sockets or even the push plate flush button in the photo.

Reply to Split faced tiles unsightly gaps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay