Search the forum,

Discuss spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve9999

do you use spacers so that the spacer goes in between the tiles like a plus sighn (so spacer can be grouted over if you wish) or do you use the spacers so they are sticking out of the tiles (so spacer can be removed by pulling out by hand)

T

TheWrightTiler

on floor use as a plus sign but remove b4 grouting, on a wall sticking out mate

B

brian c

push the spacers into gap with the end of your bucket trowel and grout over walls and floors.

G

GazTech

Use as pegs and remove as Devo sais.....never used spacers on floors, always rack of eye....spacers are only for supporting weight of wall tiles until set IMO.....Gaz

D

DHTiling

On walls i just push em in and grout over...never use them on floors just eye the joints in....Floor tiles tend be more nominal in size so spacers can throw your jointing out.....

P

Perry

i use matches in walls and floors with 2mm joints,and grid floors with bigger joints my thoughts with leaving spacers in is expansion and wouldn't fancy my eyes on a large floor or say going around say a swimming pool deck

A

alex1963

technically no spacers should be left in as the grout cant compress if the floor /wall expands but then thats not always practical! so i leave wall spacers in and not use floor spacers,or mybe for a rough guide. most tiles these days have so much variation in size that spacers would'nt wok anyway

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
never on floors, and always sticking out on walls,top tip when sticking into walls you can adjust height of most tiles as they have a very slight angle on them as not all tiles are the same size cough, cough b&q. the tile can be lowerd a slight bit not much differance on one row of tiles but on several rows it can make a big differance cosmetically, ie same levels just be careful not to pull it out to much as spacer might pop out

Reply to spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen