Discuss Sliding Door Threshold to Tile in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ludapm

-
Reaction score
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and replaced them with a sliding door. The frame is quite high so I'm going to do a transition that is not even. What is my best option to make this sound and visually appealing? I first thought about using a cut down wood reducer molding with silicone caulk between door frame and tile to allow for expansion. I'm now questioning this and maybe thinking just using a metal tile doing trim with the same silicone between this edge and the door frame. Again, the height difference between the door and finished floor is about 1.5" so its a step-over transition to the outside. What are your thoughts?

ludapm

-
Reaction score
here is a pic of what I'm looking at and a possible solution.

Attachments

• IMG_5152.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Sliding Door Threshold to Tile in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks