Search the forum,

Discuss Sliding Door Threshold to Tile in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

ludapm

-
Reaction score
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and replaced them with a sliding door. The frame is quite high so I'm going to do a transition that is not even. What is my best option to make this sound and visually appealing? I first thought about using a cut down wood reducer molding with silicone caulk between door frame and tile to allow for expansion. I'm now questioning this and maybe thinking just using a metal tile doing trim with the same silicone between this edge and the door frame. Again, the height difference between the door and finished floor is about 1.5" so its a step-over transition to the outside. What are your thoughts?

ludapm

-
Reaction score
here is a pic of what I'm looking at and a possible solution.

Attachments

• IMG_5152.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Sliding Door Threshold to Tile in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen