Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. ismoat Building Products

Discuss SLC question - guide removal in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Filip

Filip Active Member

I am about to use slc for the first time and found plenty of help on using it but I have one question left. When is the best time to remove any wooden height guides ?. Fully set - will it break up that edge. Or I am thinking remove it as soon as the SLC sets enough not to fowl away. Efectivly I am levelling up to the edge of a step so there is not a wall to stop it

2. pdc

pdc Living the dream..... Professional Tiler

Once it's set. If it does break it'll only be a little bit off the edge, nothing to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Filip

Filip Active Member

Ok thanks

4. Filip

Filip Active Member

Thought I would come back and answer my own post.
    I ran a knife down the side of the wood and removed it whilst the SLC was still soft