Search the forum,

Discuss Slate tile grout lines in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vala

i've got some 900x900x10 slate tiles for the walls and floor of my wet room.
Should I go with 2mm or 4mm spacers between tiles?

Thanks

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Personally would never use slate, as soap stains it. And sealing it well, makes it slippy.
But it looks great!
I would use spacers that are the same thickness as your wet saw (or grinder) blade. 3mm in most cases. As this will be the width of the envelope cuts.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Impregnaters only , no topical sealer in wet areas, they can go white as give issue with slip ( as chalker). Try a colour enhancing impreg to take the dusty effect away, if you have it
As chalker, on the white marks, best way to stop these is to rinse after use, towel dry after also if you want to really keep them looking nice. Water and diluted shower products will sit on any impregnator and evaporate causing these marks/ mineral salts. Most important thing , use a stone specific cleaner for maintaining

Reply to Slate tile grout lines in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen