Currently reading:
Slate on WBP ply

Discuss Slate on WBP ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

finnmccool

Hello I'm about to lay a slate floor on 18m WPB plywood, I will be using the usual flexible adhesive & grout' but have been advised that this is sometimes not enough & that I should prime the surface before tiling' or risk the slate lifting.
Does anyone have any advice on which primer I should use?
The last slate floor I did some time ago' had underfloor heating' a and I used a heat reflective floor primer and have had no problems' but this may be more luck than judgement!
Thanks
Ciaran

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: we are in the process of a slate floor, on plywood and with UFH.

To overcome the movement that could be expected within the plywood and at the joins, we overboarded with 6mm cement tile backer boards, laid the UFH with the Fast set flexible adhesive and fixed the slate direct to this prepared surface. As for the primer I'd go with the adhesive manufacturers own primer for wood surfaces.

Reply to Slate on WBP ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.