Search the forum,

Discuss Slate floor tile on a floating floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

d noulton

if you follow the advice given on the webber web site I still do not think it gives you a good substrate to tile to not for me :thumbsdown:

Reaction score
listen to the advice you have been given as it will come back and bite you in the butt,and as for webber advice hmmmmm
regards
marbleman

W

warehouseman

I tend to agree with the general view that 'floating floors' have their inherent problems and that tiles will loosen in time , given the movement.

However, if you are at the point where you have to go ahead for some reason, then GRANFIX do a product called 'Ultimate' flex powdered adhesive which it says is suitable for floating floors, providing you conform to the criteria on the bag ! Its very rubbery in texture and you might stand half a chance.

W

White Room

Another read on floating floors from schluter Floating a solution - better safe than sorry: News from Schluter-Systems

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I will say the other problem of slate is can split as its in layers and any other added stress would make it fail, just thought that may help in your choice of not laying the floor, just lay vinly
regards
marbleman

T

Time's Ran Out

Hi.
Both Webber and Schluter are giving instructions on how to tile on a floating floor so why are we as tilers trying to persuade people to have vinyl tiles. Schluter have an advice line and I would suggest that customers such as Lyn should confirm their floors construction including type of insulation with Schluter and having received written confirmation of acceptance make an informed decision.
I would agree that floating floors vary from job to job and ultimately it is down to the individual to decide the suitability for tiles.:thumbsup:
John.

M

mikethetile

a floating floor should not be screwed down, they are designed to float on insulation to maximise sound and heat insulation

its not advisable to tile as there is too much deflection

Reply to Slate floor tile on a floating floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen