Search the forum,

Discuss shower panel boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

-=HaZ=-

TF
Reaction score
Just Wonderer if many of you had fitted these around a shower unit.... I'm doing a job this week and it involves tiling half way up the room all the way round and all the shower area....
They have now decided against the shower area been tiled and bought splashbacks
They have got 2 for the area needed around the shower tray which is 1200x1000
My questions are
Are they easy to install
Are they easy to drill through when putting shower panals and unit up
Do they sit on top of the shower tray like a tile would when you make your cuts
Cheers guys I'm just researching them now

Last edited:
J

Just Rizzle

how compitent of a joiner are u . have fitted afew recently not easy to do on your own would suggest ifyou havent fitted on befor get some one in who has and watch and learn how they do it. can be an expensive error if you **** it up. good luck

J

Just Rizzle

come on dave u know me will do most things to earn a quid or two even fit that karndean if i have to. atlhough our chris mainly dose that side of the business

-=HaZ=-

TF
Reaction score
I'm not so bad with joinery so that's not an issue... I'll take a look at them when they turn up and if needs be I'll get a mate in

Reaction score
How'd you get on with this?
We do full bathroom refurbishments and often against our better judgement the client will insist on this guff!

Kardean as well too Ray [emoji6]

Make sure the tray is perfectly level and if you need to cut the sheet that it is at the top, check how plumb the internals are as the outside/inside trim will give you less than 5mm tolerance.
Never use the shower seal supplied as like the tile version it is only going to induce water ingress through time.
Bond all edges and allow to dry, then plenty silicone (on all trims too) on tray before dropping board in, wipe off excess then uniform 5mm bead next day.
Really easy to core MDF too,
Cut with a circular or hand saw.

D

dave l and l

There a a few companies fitting them round here.also seen a couple of ones getting ripped out as water has got into the ply base.
The m d f ones are terrible if they let water in what so ever....
Fitted the foam plastic ones but they seemed really flexible...easy to fit right enough.
They seem to be getting more popular

Reaction score
They are easy to fit, just make sure you use a good adhesive and not silicone to fix them back to the walls. Easy to drill through, and use a good silicone when sealing against top of shower tray. Cut upside down if cutting with a circular saw

Reply to shower panel boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen