Currently reading:
self levelling questions

Discuss self levelling questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

i am installing UFH over some existing floor tiles on a concrete sub floor (approx. 24m), so i'm going to tape it down, then go over it with SLC,
Do i just pour it over a section of the floor at a time, then go over with the flat edge of the trowel to cover the wiring and mats?
What brand of self levelling compound is recommended?
Then do i use a flexible adhesive? is this for heat expansion ?
:stupid: :grin: :thumbsup:

V

Varley

Not sure how effective the UFH will be layed over ceramic tiles on a concrete floor, there will probably be a lot of heat loss, normally for concrete floors you would lay insulation boards before installing UFH. Anyway, doesn't really matter what brand of leveller you use, everyone has there own favourites. Your right about the flexible adhesive, that is to allow for movement generated by the UFH heating up and cooling down. Your self levelleing compound should also be flexible, if not then mix with a latex additive instead of water. Trowel out as you said, with the flat edge of your trowel to cover the wires. Good luck mate!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to self levelling questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.