Discuss Self Levelling Compound issue (pictures) in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Let the games begin! Any ideas why this has happened?
ev2mj4.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yep.

The thing with slc is not to worry about it, follow the instructions on the bag and don’t play around with it.

Mix, pour and smooth out with a spiked roller.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Done the above floor yesterday with Mapei ultraplan perhaps the best slc I’ve used, was able to walk onto this floor without marking it in 4 hours.
The residue in your backed looked a bit off colour.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That’s the fibres.

What did you mix it with, and how long for?

Reaction score
That’s the fibres.

What did you mix it with, and how long for?

I can see it's the fibres, just curious why it's dried so quickly in that area in particular. Two coats of primer needed?

I mixed with clean water as stated on the packaging

I mixed 2mins at a guess, until the right texture, I let it stand for a few mins and gave it another quick mix.

I did mix at very high speed which I now realise the bag says mix slowly...

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
But if you only mixed half the bag then the fibre to aggregate ratio is no longer correct meaning you probably have more fibres in the floor than aggregate to set it.

To be honest it doesn’t matter how long it was mixed for or how fast or slow it was not going to be right.

Reaction score
But if you only mixed half the bag then the fibre to aggregate ratio is no longer correct meaning you probably have more fibres in the floor than aggregate to set it.

To be honest it doesn’t matter how long it was mixed for or how fast or slow it was not going to be right.

Okay thanks

L

LM

I mix part bags all the time. Experience tells you if it’s too wet or too dry. Did you let the mix stand long in the bucket? It looks fine to me on the floor. With renovation screed I always use eco prime t although it states primer g is ok in certain circumstances.
As Marc says don’t worry about it tonight if when you next walk on it it’s solid enough and a light poke with a scraper can’t do too much damage to it it’ll be fine.
What tiles are you laying around the toilet?

Reaction score
To my knowledge I only let it stand for a few minutes.

Im bit confused as to the difference between Primer G and Eco Prim T.

I'm using 330x330 gray ceramic tiles

Reply to Self Levelling Compound issue (pictures) in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks