Search the forum,

Discuss Self adhesive Waterproofing tape and silicone in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi
I’m just about to renovate small bathroom and replace bath with shower. We have very hard water so trying to use simple shower screen rather than sliding door which get all scaled up very quickly. So I guess it’s almost a wet room:) with open shower enclosure but a low 40mm tray. I intend to use marmox boards ( or similar) on wall and ply the t&g chipboard floor which is uneven and much chopped up ( by me over years).
I was going to join marmox wall to ply floor joint in the alcove where tray will be, with marmox self adhesive tape.

After the lengthy intro (sorry) , my question is if I install tray into alcove I need to silicon it to the wall, but will silicone stick to the self adhesive tape I just used to seal wall/ floor joint? Id appreciate any advice

Reply to Self adhesive Waterproofing tape and silicone in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen