Search the forum,

Discuss School boy error in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rodders26

Have just finished a full bathroom and forgot to prime the floor :oops:
I tiled on ply how long will the tiles stay down for, you think i'll get comebacks? Only 3M squared:mad2:

R

rodders26

Was flexible adhesive, the customer bought Pililkingtons home brand and the ply was nailed down onto floor boards.

T

Time's Ran Out

rodders - If its a flexible adhesive - although I didn't know pilkingtons made adhesive, then it should be fine.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

R

rodders26

yeah thanks thought i might get away with it using flexi stuff.
Pilkingtons have a wide range of adhesives and grouts Time less.
Ain't the best stuff in the world but ok for small ceramic jobs.

T

Time's Ran Out

The fact the ply is nailed down would be more worrying to me :yikes:

It would also depend on how thick the ply was/why was it ply in the first place/and if its not the best adhesive in the world - why.
But a flexi adhesive should stick to plywood, but your correct to point out the plywood may not stay on the sub floor!

Timeless John.:thumbsup:

C

CJ CERAMICS

as pointed out before the flexi addy should stick to ply but i would be more concerned about the nails coming loose in the ply.

G

Gazzer

Most adhesive manufacturers say priming the face of ply is not needed anyway but i would be concerned more about the nails and thickness of the ply, also was it WBP ply or cheap stuff.
Also any of the other points stated above.

Reply to School boy error in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen