Search the forum,

Discuss rubi tx700 not cutting tiles anymore ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

bluesky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i have well used tx700 but over the last few months it seems to struggle to cut any tiles that are half hard.
i am currently cutting fired earth tiles that look like wood (900 x 150) and am having to cut them on wet machine - very time consuming !!
any thoughts ?

W

White Room

Is it just some of the tiles are getting extremely hard, changed my TX700 because I struggled with some tiles for a sigma, been lucky so far but there was a post on here where some guys were struggling to cut some tiles with the sigma.

I

Ian

i have well used tx700 but over the last few months it seems to struggle to cut any tiles that are half hard.
i am currently cutting fired earth tiles that look like wood (900 x 150) and am having to cut them on wet machine - very time consuming !!
any thoughts ?

That tile is too long to fit in a TX700, could that be your problem? :smilewinkgrin:

bluesky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
thanks all - did think about the wheel and will get new tomorrow - it seems to be scoring okay and did try 2/3 times across but it just didnt want to snap the tile !
i ll let you know how i get on !!

bluesky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
thanks for that bri ! luckily only need to cut them across and not lengthwise !
there on the wall at 1.3 m high with random lengths.

Reply to rubi tx700 not cutting tiles anymore ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen