Rubi 66 max problem new cutter new tiler

Discuss Rubi 66 max problem new cutter new tiler in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.co.uk

Andrew Smith

10E33DC6-FB1F-4228-B22B-AFF540934D3C.jpeg 59DF8A86-9EFE-46D9-BC66-2F91DA87E24F.jpeg 0C0384FF-4963-4260-8A7B-505BE02755F3.jpeg Hi all, relatively new to tiling but I’m giving it a good go!
I’m having major probs with my (new ish) rubi 66 max
Every time I cut a tile down it’s length the left hand cut smashes a corner off - doesn’t matter what the thickness of ceramic tile?
Isn’t to bad when cutting along the width but it’s a heart in mouth thing every cut !!
Please see pics
Am I doing something wrong or is this a common fault
Thanks - Andy

Albert

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
View attachment 99956 View attachment 99957 View attachment 99958 Hi all, relatively new to tiling but I’m giving it a good go!
Every time I cut a tile down it’s length the left hand cut smashes a corner off - doesn’t matter what the thickness of ceramic tile?
Isn’t to bad when cutting along the width but it’s a heart in mouth thing every cut !!
Please see pics
Thanks - Andy
Try just squeezing the breaker, don't jerk it and after you score
the tile move it back towards you slightly.

Chris N

You might find the snapper is slightly bent...was on mine, so fitted an upgraded breaker from Tradetiler...been fine since.

You have to be confident when smapping the tile. You need a good firm and smooth motion.

Albert

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
View attachment 99956 View attachment 99957 View attachment 99958 Hi all, relatively new to tiling but I’m giving it a good go!
Please see pics
Thanks - Andy
If you are still having problems the tiles you are cutting are just ceramic so you should be able to snap them with your fingers.

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]