Search the forum,

Discuss Rough idea of the weight of slate? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nickj

HI all,

I know it depends on the thickness but anyone got a rough idea of what a meter square of slate would weigh. Tiles are 500mm x 500mm and 330mm x 500mm.

Thanks,

Nick

N

nickj

Don't have one m8, have asked the customer to stick one on his scales or i will go to the tile shop tomorrow. He wants them put up on skimmed, painted plasterboard.

G

GazTech

Don't have one m8, have asked the customer to stick one on his scales or i will go to the tile shop tomorrow. He wants them put up on skimmed, painted plasterboard.
nick,
You will be fixing tiles onto microns thickness of paint to start, you must remove this to the plaster and then prime....come back to us with the weight of the tiles so we can best advise you........Gaz

N

nickj

Aye mate, i've already told the customer that i may need to reboard depending on the weight and know about removing the paint. Not looking forward to that job though.

G

GazTech

Aye mate, i've already told the customer that i may need to reboard depending on the weight and know about removing the paint. Not looking forward to that job though.
20kg per m2 is the limit including (adh & grout approx 4kg) therefore 16kg per m2 for the tiles alone on skimmed board....Gaz

W

White Room

If your slate is 10mm your looking at about 31 kg/m2 3mm solid bed, Chances are they maybe heavier

Reply to Rough idea of the weight of slate? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, and thanks for any advice. After pulling over 900 lbs of dead weight in the center of my...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, would like some advice. I'm currently tiling an ensuite. I'm using 60 x 30 tiles. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello I wonder if anyone has of the attached tiles I could buy from them or something that is a...
Replies
Views
Lilygrace
L
Hello all, I'm looking to lay a Penrhyn slate floor, approx 1.5m x 1.8m, for a first floor...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen