Search the forum,

Discuss Rogue traders photo gallery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I just found these photo's in our rogue traders photo gallery and they were posted by member stottey.....what do you think of this tiling....:lol:

DSC00272.JPG

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00274.JPG

F

frogeye

Now come on Dave - be fair
it was only plugged in on the first photo
its hard work achieving such quality
the bloke is allowed a cuppa surely? ( I was gaspin')

frogeye

F

frogeye

Dave

joking apart - the only good thing about this (if there can be such a thing) is to show to those new at this game ( myself definately included) is that the money I spent ( about £2500) on my training wasn't wasted.

This could have been one of those that advertise - 'with 10 years experience - not a months training' - but if your experience has all been at this standard it means nowt!

Okay I only have a 4 week course behind me - but with 30+ years of diy experience- I would be ashamed to take money for this pile of crap.

frogeye (mini rant over)

R

Raja

Am gutted my work had been posted on the forum and splash backs were supposed to b my strong point:lol:

R

Raja

I secretly knew it was you but kept it quiet,,but you let the cat out the bag now raja....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes Dave reminds me of poem

" In times of prospertiy friends are plenty BUT when comes advercity not 1 in F***in Twenty"

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sWe

I saw something similar done in a bathroom last year. Was called to do a consult on wether the whole thing had to come down or not. Aparantly two poles had done it, and they thought they had done a real good job, and were proud of it... They were present when I visited the place.

They had used like 12mm trowels on the walls, and managed to get like 40% coverage on 20x20cm tiles. On the tiles closest to where the doorframe was supposed to be, I could stick a pen in under the tile, like, all the way.

I almost felt sorry for them when I told them that their work was seriously botched, and that everything had to come down, as well as the floor, because they had damaged the UFH. There was a water leak as well, which they likely caused when they nailed a guide to the wall, using 5" nails... The list goes on...

Edit: And the leak had damaged the ceiling in the apartment below...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Rogue traders photo gallery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
I hope you can help we are trying to source (for a match) some 300mm by 300mm matte white taco...
Replies
Views
We inherited split face tiles on a feature wall in our ensuite. In my naivety over the last few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen