Search the forum,

Discuss Rip out and start over? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys, brand new member so I'll hope not to be a pain in the rear.

Had to lift the tiles in part of our bathroom. Turns out the underfloor heating wasn't buried under a screed and was in with the tile adhesive. That's been binned, but the bigger problem is the adhesive is ripping up chunks of the insulation pads beneath.

Do i just tear up the insulation and start afresh or is it worth the effort to try and flat this out?

Any advice would be appreciated

Reaction score
:)
Why did you have to lift the tiles?
The wire does'nt have to be under any screed but is advisable
you can tile straight onto it.
Thanks fod the reply

There was movement in the tile and one had cracked. Once I lifted I noticed it was dot and dab which is probably where the problems started.

Couldn't get any replacement tiles to match so had to lift the lot.

Reply to Rip out and start over? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen