Search the forum,

Discuss Repairing loose tiles on shower wall in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

GPag

-
Reaction score
Hi,
I need to repair the tiles shown in the photo. This is a shower stall where the grout failed and water got behind the tiles. The wall board was wet but not soggy. This is on a first floor; there is no sign of water leaking in the basement. The surrounding tiles are solid. I will be removing the grout in the entire shower stall and regrouting but what is the best way to repair the loose tiles? Do I need to cut the area out back to the studs?
Thanks

Attachments

• E4BF401C-9126-42FB-A285-9AA797677B81.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Depending on how easy those tiles come off I'd either take the board back to the studs, should be one in either corner or at least back to dry, solid board. Could fit some treated 2"X1" for support. Could break the board back below the tray and slot a new piece in behind, I'd seal it using a hybrid sealant and adhesive in one. Go for a cement backerboard that won't break down.

Reply to Repairing loose tiles on shower wall in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen